It's been a long, long summer...


For the past week I haven't seen the sun. New Jersey's been dreary, cold and wet. For a few days, I thought it was October. I don't think it helped that the stores have Halloween stuff out early.

Unfortunately, my ears are still injured from the other night. I was watching the "America's Got Talent" finale. If you watched it, then you too probably would like to remove your eardrums. No, it wasn't the competitors. It was David Hasselhoff singing "This is the Moment" with his hand constantly up in the air like he was holding himself from falling into the fourth wall. Yes, it was the moment, like a train wreck when you can't turn away. You know it's horrible and gross and might cause nightmares. But you still look at the mangled body (I'm talking about the Hoff again). Why?? That was the easiest way to say America's Got No Talent.

I miss not having Project Runway. I can't wait until Tim Gunn's show is on. I think out of all the known people, he's the one I'd just genuinely hug. Sometimes I hear him in my head saying "Make it work" when I'm stuck on a project.

But since we're on the subject of stuck projects, I'm stuck in a knitting rut. I distracted myself by designing Crafty Alien handmade items for fall. I've just listed my first new item - a squishy stuffed owl keychain. It's handpainted and varnished, so it almost feels like painted vinyl, but it's canvas. In the next few weeks I'll be making most of the Crafty Alien critters & kitties into keychains and other fall goodies. Until then, my squishy stuffed owl keychain is available in my etsy shop.