Let me eat cake!

Sorry for the pattern delay - I've been fighting a migraine-like headache for the past few days and nothing makes your head hurt worse than staring at a bright computer screen in a dimly lit room. I will try to finish up the proofing today.

It was a windy day today. In fact in was so windy, it blew my front door wide open. I guess that wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't sleeping on the couch right in front of the door. Of course, I sleep like the dead, so I think it was open for at least an hour before I completely woke up. Thankfully, I had plenty of blanket and jammies and the house is up on a hill - so no one could really see inside the house.

Tonight I made cake from a box. I'm not a cake from a box kind of girl - you can't be when your cake decorating idol is Colette Peters. I like making big crafty sculpture cakes, but I'm not a fan of fondant. It's like too much chewiness. In reality, I think I made the cake just to eat some of the batter, because batter is yummy! Eventually when the rest of my belongings actually get shipped down here from NJ, I'll be back to making artsy cakes and sleeping on a bed away from the front door.

Now off to finish the rest of the batter...