Lo Mein Cupcakes from What's New, Cupcake?" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson


I was meandering in the local Sam's Club recently when a book caught my eye. A cupcake book. But not your ordinary cupcake book. No, this one was especially taylored for a crafty nut like myself. Pages and pages of cupcakes pretending to not be cupcakes. Now, those are the kind that are close to my heart. Running out of time and without a membership pass (I snuck in for a berry sundae!) I typed the book's name on my phone and off to get my daughter I went.

The dilemma started the next day when I had time to go to the local Michael's and peruse the books for my newly chosen favoritest cupcake book in the world. My book (Hello, Cupcake, What's New?) was not one book, but TWO books (Hello, Cupcake and What's New, Cupcake?). Woah. The Sam's Club version was half of one book and half of another. Decisions had to be made. One book was more than enough for a mommy of a toddler (at least for a month or two) I finally settled on the book with the lo mein cupcakes. I think it was the broccoli. Go figure, I'm not really a fan of broccoli, but this time it won my heart.